4 June 1860 Granted to Samuel Morgan of Breams Eaves for a pit situate at Drybrook Valley, near Ellwood, to get coal from the Coleford High Delf and Whittington veins.
THE FLOUR MILL COLLIERY CO. LTD.
To acquire Flour Mill Colliery and Ellwood Colliery
Subscribers: Capt. Francis Pavy, Phillip Pavy, George Budd, William Hoyland, Thomas Head, Julian Goldsmid, Henry Daniel Gooch.
Incorporated 5 December 1873 Capital £12,000 240 £50 shares
In liquidation 15 January 1875.
ELLWOOD GREEN COLLIERY & BRICK CO. LTD.
The immediate acquisition of the interests of John Selby and Thomas Grey of the Ellwood Colliery.
Capital £5,000 in 500 £10 shares
John Herbert Coleford Grocer
George Coulthard Ross Civil Engineer
John Selby Coleford Colliery Proprietor
Thos. Grey Cheltenham Colliery Proprietor
Edward Corah Coleford Gentleman
Alfred Dobson Sheffield Civil Engineer
Frederick Philips London Gentleman
Incorporated 30 March 1876
Agreement dated 1 March 1876 between Selby, Grey and John Herbert. Vendors agree to sell the Colliery, Brickfields and premises known as the Ellwood Green Colliery and Brickfields for £4,500. £1,500 in cash and 300 fully paid up shares.
17 April 1877 to raise
in Second Mortgage Debentures of £20 each.
Thomas Grover, managing director. William Moberly, secretary.
Debenture holders included John Hodkinson, Gorton, Manchester, Brickmaker.
31 May 1878 High Court
Division. Upon petition of Alfred Wilson the Ellwood Green
& Brick Co. Ltd. and the General Share Trust Co. Ltd.
Colliery Co. to be wound up.
Not dissolved until August 1905.
11 July 1881 Messrs.
& Nash sank the Ellwood pit on Hopewell Engine property.
23 December 1890 Mr. Watkins. Gale to be taken over by Princess Royal.