17 December 1844 Granted to John Ellsmore, of Bream Tufts for a pit at Drybrook to get coal from Coleford High Delf and all unalloted veins above and below.
17 December 1868 Mr. George Reed of Burnham, Somerset: Collingwood and Ellsmore Colliery.
29 February 1860 John Peacock mortgagee. Property bought for a little under £10,000.
F3 832 ELLSMORE’S No. 2 COLLIERY
11 September 1935 Representatives of T. Peglar to M. Hoare.
12 September 1935 5/6 M. Hoare to T.S. Thomas.
12 September 1935 Thomas to Bounds and Marshall.
1941 Part of Ellsmores (1/6) to T.S. Thomas & Sons (Lydney) Ltd.. Remainder from Bounds and Marshall to Mapleford Collieries Ltd.
10 December 1943 T.S.
& Sons to William Wyndham Green.
(see also Lass of the Mill No. 2 and Shute Castle)
1954 Ellsmore’s No.2
Manor House Collieries Ltd., Manor House Chambers,
Bank Square, Chepstow.