27 June 1843 Granted in equal parts to Thomas Smith, John Stonehan, and James Morgan, all of Poolgreen near Coleford for a level situate on the north-east side of Porter’s patch at Gorsty Knoll, close to the west side of the turnpike road from Coleford to Parkend to get the coal from the Coleford High Delf vein.
c1847 Smith, Stoneham & Morgan. Output 1846; 328 tons.
F3 214 EDENWALL No. 2
1858 Mr. Henry Burgess.
10 January 1866 Messrs. Wanklyn & Grindell. Philip Endell Wanklyn of Dixton, Monmouth and James Grindell, Coleford.
30 June 1873 To give up colliery, however, by 4th June other arrangements made.
2 September 1882 John Smith working colliery ‘at a very great loss and without as yet getting any return’. Had been clearing up old workings for the last six months.
1894 Output 1,572 tons. Smith Bros. (also Winnell and Gentlemen Colliers below)
23 July 1909 Conveyance Milsom Smith to Milsom Smith the younger, John Smith the younger, Amos Smith, John Smith and Hubert Smith, together with Gentlemen Colliers.
27 June 1915 To surrender.
23 December 1919 Applicatio for re-grant Amos Morgan and others.
23 April 1920 Conveyance Amos Morgan and others to Herbert Smith, Hubert Victor Smith, Thomas Brown and John Smith.
28 February 1925 Conveyed 2/3 of gale to Caleb John Miles.
6 March 1925 John Smith conveyed his 1/4 of 1/3 to the others.
11 October 1934 Smith Bros., Reddinghorn Colliery, Hillersland to surrender 22 October. 692 applications for re-grant.
16 March 1939 Mr. Miles holds gale as he does not want his farm disturbed.
6 June 1944 New Edenwall granted to W. Powles
10 June 1944 Portion re-granted to James Fox and Henry Corin of Broadwell and Fred Bowkett of Cinderford and Lewis Wilce of Ruardean Woodside.
28 November 1944 Transferred from W. Powles to E.M.V. Green.